4.09.2008

treasure map 2008

i created a treasure map the last two years during the aries new moon on the suggestion of a well-respected woman on a message board i frequent. i am not into the secret laws of attraction and i don't really believe in astrology, but nonetheless i've been doing this exercise within the time constraints and with a lot of focus and gusto. mostly i just like the opportunity to think about what i want in the coming year and see it as a visual to-do list. i'm big on to-do lists. i love the act of crossing things off. this treasure map thing, though, is more of a psychological to-do list of all the things i want to do, be, and become. it's groovy and weird, but works quite well as a reminder to myself. i see it more like a process of personal manifestation than a universal or spiritual manifestation. at any rate, the unveiling (also on flickr, with more descriptions):


the abundance affirmation reads:
Everything I need or want I have and am. I live without stress or worry. I am prepared for the future and supplied for the present.
the fame/reputation affirmation reads:
I am admired and respected for my courage, honesty, and wisdom. I am well-liked and appreciated.

the relationship affirmation reads:
I am deeply in love with Jon. We share a profound connection which forms a strong foundation of acceptance, understanding, and respect. We live a life of mutual passion and devotion to core values.

the family affirmation reads:
I am a good mother and partner. I am gentle and caring. My family shares their love and vulnerabilities with me and we all support one another in our growth and endeavors.

the health affirmation reads:
I am strong and full of energy. I breathe deeply, move, and rest. I eat well, filling myself with the highest quality nutrition. My body is a source of power.

the creativity affirmation reads:
I am brilliant and energetic. My imagination is boundless and my projects come together well.

the self-knowledge and travel affirmation reads:
I love and respect myself. I recognize that my strengths and weaknesses are intertwined. I travel to new places that enlighten and inspire me.

the work affirmation read:
My work life is successful, stimulating, and profitable. My work fits well into my family life. Everything gets done with ease and grace.

the helpful people affirmation reads:
There are people in my life who offer unconditional love, support and encouragement for all my efforts. People I love come to my aid if necessary.

No comments: